Thursday, September 17, 2009

Temple Trips!

I love the temple! I have always felt so blessed to be only an hour away from a temple and to be able to call the L.A. temple "My" temple. It's so beautiful and means so much to me. Not only have I grown up visiting there but it has special meaning to me because my grandpa helped build it, my parents were sealed there and also some of my siblings were also sealed there for time and all eternity so that we can all be a forever family! The temple amazes me and I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed us with the privilege to be a part if it.

My singles ward would make monthly trips down to the temple to do baptisms and I was lucky enough to go just about every month. I always look forward to going to the temple and the feel the spirit and peace of being in the house of the Lord.




This is Ashley, Lance, and I on one of our random trips to the temple when we didn't have school or institute so we decided to go to the temple! I'm so grateful to have friends that love to go to the temple too and I am able to share those experiences with them! What a blessing to be surrounded by great people!


Since I moved to Utah I realized that I should never take having the temple nearby for granted. I thought having the L.A. temple that close was awesome and here the temple is only 5 minutes away!! That's crazy! I love coming around the point of the mountain and seeing 3 temples!!! I decided that I can't let this opportunity pass and need to take advantage of being able to go to the temple often. I made the goal to go to the temple once a week. I've been doing pretty good. I have slipped up and missed a couple times and I notice how different I feel and I realize that I need to go! I really want to go to all the temples in the area and utilize my ability to visit them all!

It's really neat to go to a different temple and see how they do things there. Although the work is all the same everywhere, it's neat to see how things are set up differently and what not.

When Ashley came to visit before she moved up here we went to the Oquirah Mountain Temple open house. This was the second time for me to go, but I still loved it. It's so beautiful!
Also during Ashley's trip we started our goal of visiting other temples and we met Brock at the Jordan River Temple! It's beautiful! I didn't realize that it had been there for so long. I also learned that it was the busiest temple, I guess that's why they built another temple in that same city!

I love the temple and can't wait to go each time and to continue the Lord's work!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are such a good example to me rachel. Anytime you want to go to the temple you just let me know. Our temple trips together have always been so spiritual and so much fun as well. Looking at that picture of you, lance and I makes me remember that whole night...what I fun night.

Kate said...

So cool... we need to start going to the others as well. I really want to go to all the Utah temples in the near future! :)